So illness-wise i've been pretty poorly.....so i've had a lot of time to catch up on all the things i don't get to do so often, like catching up on graphic novels, playing on my xbox (which i had forgotten how much I enjoy). I've damaged my foot, so i've had to make the decision to pull out of the Jane T 10k. But I have still the 5k and the shine half-marathon to prepare and look forward to.....
I decided to design a soap to sell to raise money for cancer research along with my fundraising for the events, but also design a ME soap to raise money for one of the ME research charity's of which I've not decide yet. I was inspired by Chlay, who is doing tons to raise the awareness of CFS/ME........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZJ6gcy_Hc
I have lots of interest in my soap and i really want to get some markets done and dusted after being let down over a few markets recently. I believe that you should explore every opportunity that you are inspired to follow, and should never be held back of fear of it not working. I don't want to be one of those people, for who the highlight of the week is saturday night TV on ITV. I mean my ex was like that, great people, him and his family.....but the key thing that stuck in my mind was that in reality he wasn't happy because he had nothing to aspire to and being forced to watch Ant and Dec, Harry Hill.......even the memory makes me want to rip out my eyes, brain and ears. Don't even mention going out on a saturday night ! Never happened ! He drank every night for something to do, and watched every soap and every quiz show on ITV possible. I have had an aversion to ITV ever since, because that is just so not me. And i'll never grow up and fit into a white picket fence, desperate housewives mould. If that what you want for life.....go for it.......but for me it's not enough........it's my idea of HELL !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment