Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Therapy......

Today, I awoke to find that I couldn't damn move and was in a lot of pain and had that horrible exhausted feeling in the masses today, so in bed still :( hey ho. It is getting easier to stay positive though at the moment. I had a difficult weekend trying to find a companion for Ella, my cat. Kiko who I'd had for six years was a therapy cat. We got him from the RSPCA Bradford and he was company on all those poorly days. Although I am a major Cat lady anyway, Kiko was therapeutic because he was always there as company when I was ill, without me needing to make the effort to entertain someone. I think it's easy to underestimate how much a pet can provide a better quality of life for people with long-term illnesses. He sadly died of FIP suddenly 6 weeks ago, and the house is just empty without him. Ella my other cat, who is only 3, is quite distressed and clingy. She cries a lot and that isn't like her. Ella is so soft and I find stroking her really soothing when i'm in pain. She's like a big, cuddly teddy bear, she has gone from being an independent cat, to never leaving my side, wanting to sleep holding on to me with her paw and trying to wash my hand all the time, all signs that she is lonely. I went to the RSPCA on saturday and found them to be so rude, and seeings that kiko must have caught FIP when he was there, unsympathetic. I was quite distressed as they had said that a cat i liked was suitable and she would have been perfect and suddenly on saturday despite 30 years of having pets from the RSPCA, it would appear I am not good enough. This is my second bad experience with them. They are turning down good homes. For a saturday the centre was empty and dead. Anyways moving on to positive ground.....

I have spent some time designing some new scents for soap and i'm hoping to get a bath bomb safety assessment as soon as I can. My soap is getting a lot of requests and interest so here's hoping. I'm having a lot of fun doing this....more than I ever had with Jewellery making and selling. I'm also gradually listing these on Folksy and trying to design a menu/price list :)

Okays well i need to go properly rest now and I think these should involve some disney movies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment